Eastern Valley fire department investigating house fire - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports

Eastern Valley fire department investigating house fire

Posted: Updated:
House fire in Bessemer (abc3340.com) House fire in Bessemer (abc3340.com)
Siding melted on house next door to fire (abc3340.com) Siding melted on house next door to fire (abc3340.com)
Siding melted on house next door to fire (abc3340.com) Siding melted on house next door to fire (abc3340.com)

Bessemer fire department assisted Eastern Valley fire department with a house fire at 136 Elrie Blvd.

The fire broke out around 3:00 a.m. Thursday morning at the home of Steve Dawson.

He has been taken to a local hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

His dog was also in the home, but was not hurt in the fire. Neighbors are caring for the dog while Dawson is in the hospital.

Dawson told fire fighters the fire started above his electrical box. He tried to put it out, but could not contain it.

Neighbors on both sides of the home were also damaged. Siding was melted, and one neighbor said the blinds inside her bathroom were also melted.

 

Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...