Fire breaks out at a historic storefront in Gadsden - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports

Fire breaks out at a historic storefront in Gadsden

Posted: Updated:
GADSDEN - AL -

It was a close call for an old storefront in Gadsden.  Firefighters battled a fire at one of the historic buildings on Broad Street.  It started Tuesday evening on the second floor above a vacuum repair shop and consignment store. 

Investigators say it started with the heating unit.  The equipment malfunctioned and spread to some wood floors and beams nearby. 

A shopkeeper was nearby and smelled smoke.  It took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the flames.  Investigators do not suspect foul play. 

Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...