UPDATE: Race fan found dead in Talladega identified - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Race fan found dead in Talladega identified

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE:

The Talladega County Sheriff's Department has identified the race fan found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning inside his motor home Saturday afternoon as 46-year-old Craig Franklin Morgan of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.  Mr. Morgan, and his wife, Jami, were discovered by friends who entered their RV at the South Campground near the Talladega Superspeedway.  

Jami Morgan, 38, was unconscious but still alive.  She was taken to UAB Hospital.  As of late Sunday afternoon, she remained in critical condition.

Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore says it appears a problem in the exhaust system of the Morgan's motor home allowed carbon monoxide to reach deadly levels.  Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas.  Safety experts recommend all motor home owners utilize a carbon monoxide detector.

Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...