Man dies in camper at Talladega campground from apparent carbon - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports

Sheriff: Man dies in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at Talladega campground

Posted: Updated:

Update 5:20 p.m.

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- ABC 33/40 reporter Cory McGinnis has learned the man who died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a Talladega campsite was not from Alabama.

The victim and his wife, who remains at a Birmingham hospital for treatment of symptoms related to gas poisoning, were camping in their motorhome in an area behind the Allison Grandstands, which is on the backstretch of Talladega Superspeedway.

Link:  See map of the campgrounds at Talladega Superspeedway

The couple's names are being withheld pending notification of family.

The Talladega County Sheriff's Office first received a call about the incident shortly before noon Saturday.

We will continue to follow this developing story and provide updates as more information is made available. Watch ABC 33/40 News at 6 p.m. and the newscast immediately following the Clemson-Florida State game on air or live online for the latest.

----

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- A man camping at a campground outside the Talladega Superspeedway Saturday has died and his wife has been taken to the hospital in an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning incident, Talladega County Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore confirmed to ABC 33/40.

Details are limited as authorities continue to investigate, but Kilgore said he believes this is an accidental death and foul play isn't suspected.

The condition of the woman is unknown.

ABC 33/40 will continue to follow this story and provide updates as more information is made available.

Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...