Lemon, Herb & Parmesan Crusted Fish
Tomato & Basil Poached Fish
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
6 new baby potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (4 fl oz) vegetable or fish stock
2 – 14 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
cracked black pepper and sea salt
2 - 7oz firm white-fleshed fish fillets
1/3 chopped basil
1. Heat a deep frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the oil, onions and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until onions are soft. Add the potatoes, stock and tomatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add some pepper and salt to the pan and stir to break up the tomatoes slightly. Cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until the mixture had reduced and thickened slightly.
4. Place the fish on top of the tomato mixture in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
5. To serve, stir through the basil and place the fish and tomato sauce on serving plates. Top with fried capers