Servings:4 to 6 servings
• 2 small rabbits, skinned and cut into pieces
• vegetable oil, for cooking, for seasoning
• 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
• 1 onion, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 cups chicken stock, low sodium
• 2 cups white wine
• 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4- 5 sprigs rosemary, chopped
1. In a large heavy bottomed pot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
Season rabbit pieces with salt and pepper and brown in batches. Reserving on
paper towel lined tray.
2. Deglaze the pan with a splash of the white wine. Reduce the heat to low and
add the bacon pieces. Cook over medium-low heat to render out the fat and let
the pieces get lightly browned. Remove the bacon and add the onion. Cook
stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent and soft.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining wine, chicken stock and
4. Add the garlic to the pot and cook stirring constantly so as not to burn for 2
5. Add the browned rabbit pieces and bacon back to the pot. Cover with the
wine, stock and Dijon mixture. Add the rosemary and bring to a simmer.
6. Cover the pot tightly with a lid. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or until the
rabbit is tender.
7. Remove the lid and check the consistency of the liquid. You want it thick
enough to coat the back of a spoon. If it still too thin, remove the rabbit pieces
and turn the heat to high to reduce the sauce more.
8. Finish by adding the butter and adjusting the seasoning with salt and pepper
GREEK STYLE POTATO SALAD
• 1 lb potatoes—peeled
• 2 scallions (spring onions)—finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons capers
• 10 kalamata olives—pitted and halved
• 3 oz (90g) feta cheese—crumbled
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. CUT the potatoes into bite-size pieces and boil in a large pot of boiling water
until just tender.
2. DRAIN the potatoes, then allow to cool while you prepare the other
3. PLACE the cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
4. SCATTER the scallions, capers, olives, feta cheese and dill on top then toss
gently to combine.
5. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss