Available: March 28, 2013
POSITION SUMMARY: Produce high quality TV news video and sound from a variety of field assignments with the ability to edit that material for newscasts. Work reasonable, flexible hours to meet the needs of news coverage. Have thorough working knowledge of electronic news-gathering equipment. Care for and maintain all assigned equipment, including basic vehicle care. Safely and courteously operate station news vehicles at all times. Respond quickly and enthusiastically to all news assignments. Provide story ideas on a frequent basis. Able to work alone or collaboratively with reporters to ensure that assigned stories are satisfactorily completed.
1. College degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, or equivalent work experience.
2. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements. One year TV
photojournalism experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability as a photojournalist.
4. Geographic knowledge of coverage area.
5. Able to maneuver heavy equipment successfully in the field, particularly on sites with
6. Possession of a valid driver's license and able to operate company vehicles in a safe
manner. Driving record must comply with company policy.
7. Able to attend work regularly.
8. Available to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
9. Capable of handling the physical and mental requirements, including:
- Ability to understand and orally communicate in English;
- Ability to read computer monitor information (words and data);
- Ability to hear detailed spoken communication;
- Ability to remain sedentary;
- Ability to perform manual dexterity tasks with hands and fingers;
- Ability to analyze data, concentrate, reason, and write; and
- Ability to perform under emotional stress.