Anniston fire ruled accidental - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports

Anniston fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
The fire at Service Master in Anniston has been ruled accidental. (abc3340.com) The fire at Service Master in Anniston has been ruled accidental. (abc3340.com)

Investigators have determined that the fire at Service Master in Anniston last weekend was most likely caused by an electrical malfunction.

The fire engulfed the offices of the disaster cleanup service at the intersection of Noble Street and Third Street at around 3 p.m. on Saturday. The blaze left one brick wall in danger of collapsing. The wall had to be brought down before Noble Street could reopen to traffic. The building was more than 100 years old.

"They had a lot of personal items from houses they work on restoring in these buildings and they had a lot of equipment stored in these buildings for restoration." Anniston Fire Captain Chris Collins reported to ABC 33/40 Saturday. "For us to set the wall up to stop the fire from spreading, it helped the business owner out."

No one was injured in the fire.

 

 

Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...