Position: Multi-Media Journalist / Anniston, AL
Available: November 21, 2012
Demonstrated ability to perform live, on-scene reporting making use of recorded inserts and live interviews. Complete daily stories to deadline. Establish news contacts/sources in coverage area. Generate story ideas. Coordinate ideas for series/special reports. Interview news sources to obtain material for reports. Produce high quality news video and sound with the ability to edit the material for broadcast. Write and post stories to website plus utilizing social media to engage viewers and distribute content. Care for and maintain all assigned equipment including basic vehicle care. Safely and courteously operate station news vehicle at all times. Respond quickly and enthusiastically to all news assignments. Utilize social media such as facebook and twitter to post stories and generate interaction with our audience.
1. College degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, or equivalent work experience preferred.
2. Minimum of 2 years TV news reporting experience preferred. Background in news photography preferred.
3. Able to maneuver heavy equipment successfully in the field, particularly on sites with difficult accessibility.
4. Geographic knowledge of coverage area.
5. Strong packaging, writing and communication skills.
6. Able to attend work regularly.
7. Available to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
8. Possession of a valid Driver's License and able to operate company vehicles in a safe manner.
9. Capable of handling the physical and mental requirements including:
- Ability to understand and orally communicate in English;
- Ability to read computer monitor information (words and data);
- Ability to hear detailed spoken communication;
- Ability to remain sedentary;
- Ability to perform manual dexterity tasks with hands, fingers;
- Ability to analyze data, concentrate, reason, and write; and
- Ability to perform under emotional stress.
Send Your Resume To ABC 33/40 News:
Alabama's ABC 33/40
Human Resources Department
800 Concourse Pkwy - Suite 200
Birmingham, AL 35244
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 205-982-3928
No Phone Calls Please
Printer Friendly Version
Return to ABC 33/40 News JobCenter
It is the Station's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national, origin, sex, or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law, in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Also it is the Station's policy to promote the realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex and any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.