NOTE: You can have fun with this
recipe. Add crawfish, catfish, fresh veggies like butternut squash,
sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, etc.
- 2 - pounds snow crab legs
- 1 - pound uncooked shrimp
- 1 - pound smoked sausage, cut
into 2 inch pieces
- red potatoes
- sweet corn on the cob,
halved, frozen or fresh
- 1 to 2 - boxes Zatarain's
- 1 large stock
pot, 10 to 12 quarts
- 1 large serving platter
- 1 large slotted spoon
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality
ingredients. You can either use fresh or frozen snow crab legs, shrimp or sweet
corn for this recipe. The sausage should be cut into 2 inch pieces before
adding to boiling water.
off your seafood boil by bringing 6 to 8 quarts water to a rolling boil.
Add Zatarain's crab boil and red potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Next add sausage and sweet
corn to the boiling water and cook for another 10 minutes until the red
potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon remove
the sweet corn on the cob, red potatoes and sausage from the boiling water
and place on a large serving platter.
- Next add shrimp and snow crab
legs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Be sure not to over cook the crab legs
and shrimp. Follow the preparation instructions given to you at purchase
and you'll be okay. Remove the cooked shrimp and crab legs from boiling
- Finally neatly arrange all of
your cooked foods onto a large serving platter and enjoy your seafood
boil. I'm sure you'll enjoy this shrimp and crab boil recipe.
Here are two other variations of this crab and shrimp boil recipe:
1. Crab boil recipe - If you prefer not to add shrimp you could easily
modify this recipe to a crab boil recipe by adding 2 more pounds of crab.
2. Shrimp boil recipe - Just drop the crab legs and add one additional pound