Benchmark Chrysler Jeep Dodge Teacher of the Week
Monday August 20, 2012 – Friday May 17, 2013
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
TV Alabama Inc, ("TVA") is conducting this contest on TV stations WCFT-TV and WJSU-TV, d.b.a ABC 33/40.
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
Contest entries will begin on Monday August 9, 2012 and will continue thereafter through Friday May 17, 2013. One (1) winner will be announced initially each Friday (beginning September 14, 2012) during ABC 33/40's "Midday News" for a total of 30 weeks. Due to school holidays, there will be no winners announced the weeks of November 19-23, 2012; December 17-21, 2012; and December 24-28, 2012. Since many school systems observe different dates for Fall and Spring Breaks, we will continue the selection process through those weeks.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by logging on to www.abc3340.com and click on the "Benchmark Teacher of the Week" link, or by mailing in a nomination to: Benchmark Teacher of the Week, Attn: Gina Womack, 800 Concourse Parkway, Suite 200, Birmingham, AL 35244. Write, in 200 words or less, why you feel your teacher deserves to be honored as the teacher of the week. A committee made up of ABC 33/40 employees will meet each Monday at 9:00 a.m. Central time to determine the winner on the basis of creativity and demonstration of the qualities of an outstanding educator. All eligible entries received at that time will be considered. Entries not selected for any particular week will be held for future consideration. There is no need to make the same nomination multiple times.
What can I win?
The winner will receive a personalized plaque acknowledging the Teacher of the Week honor valued at $15, an invitation to a luncheon to honor the recipients valued at $10, ABC 33/40 merchandise valued at $10, a letter from the Alabama Department of Education recognizing their honor, and $100 cash from Benchmark Chrysler Jeep Dodge. The Prize is valued at approximately $135. The prize restrictions/condition outlined are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries on our website, and the creativity of the answers as determined by the judges.
How will I be notified?
A representative of ABC 33/40 will notify recipients in person at the winning teacher's school each Thursday, where practicable, and will tape a segment to air on ABC 33/40 News.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed envelope to: "Benchmark Teacher of the Week Official Rules", c/o ABC 33/40, 800 Concourse Parkway, Suite 200, Birmingham, AL 35244.