Chemex Hand Crafted Coffee (makes one large cup):
- Place filter in Chemex, rinse filter with hot water, discard rinse water.
- Place Chemex on scale and set the scale to 0 wt.
- Add approx. 1 oz. ground (drip) coffee to filter in Chemex.
- Initially pour just enough near boiling (200 degree) water to cover grounds; wait 45 seconds.
- Gradually pour water to 14 oz. total weight, starting in the center of grounds and working out and around the coffee pouring in a "S" design.
- Remove and discard the filter once the coffee drip-out is complete.
- Enjoy your coffee hot or poured over ice.